What is the vulcanization of the battery plate of mining electric locomotive?
The vulcanization of the battery plate of mining electric locomotive means that the plate is wrapped by a large amount of lead sulfate. The appearance of lead sulfate is white coarse grains, which not only has poor electrical conductivity, but also blocks the gaps and prevents the electrolyte from contacting the plates. The main reasons for this phenomenon are as follows:
1. Long-term power shortage, that is, not charging in time or insufficient charging.
2. It is often over-discharged, so that it cannot be fully recovered after charging.
3. The electrolyte is often in a high temperature state, so that it cannot be fully recovered after cooling.
4. The plate is exposed to the liquid surface of the electrolyte for a long time. Due to air oxidation and liquid level fluctuations, recrystallization and other phenomena occur, resulting in vulcanization of the plate.
5. The purity of the electrolyte is not enough.
6. The relative density of the electrolyte is too high.